Assist the Director of Compliance and Risk with an effective regulatory compliance program to be maintained throughout the Bank. Plans, coordinates and evaluates the Banks programs to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Assist with the day to day support for all compliance related issues that may arise.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Collaborate effectively with all business units and actively contribute to compliance review meetings with management.
- Effectively communicate with business units on quality and compliance concerns.
- Identifies compliance opportunities and potential solutions.
- Review all advertisements for appropriate compliance verbiage
- Review, approve, and maintain all bank regulatory disclosures
- Perform periodic Branch Compliance Reviews
- Test the loan packages for residential lending
- Spot check the HMDA LAR before submission to ensure accuracy
- Coordinate the various compliance reviews/risk assessments performed by third parties
- Coordinate the gathering of all requested documentation for the FRB Compliance Exams
- Identify and assess impact of audit exceptions or findings, the make appropriate recommendations for remediation.
- Coordinates the review and interpretation of new and pending laws and regulations that potentially affect the business operations.
- Track all open issues using appropriate systems/software
- Assist the Chief Risk Officer with managing the FRB Compliance Exams
- Check regulatory websites, stay abreast of regulatory changes
- All other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree – business major preferred
- At least 5 years compliance experience within a financial institution
- Experience working with Compliance Regulators
- CRCM (Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager) preferred
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization
Excellent computer and software skills, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access.